Amount per serving
Total Fat 9.69g
Total Carbohydrate 10.26g
Dietary Fiber 5.89g
**NET CARBS PER COOKIE**** 4.4g
OMGOODNESS!! I CAN EAT RAINBOW COOKIES AND STAY ON MY DIET?!? YES IT IS TRUE. TRY IT AT LEAST ONCE, YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.
7 LAYER COOKIES RAINBOW COOKIES
MAKES 40 SERVINGS
- 1 cup Swerve
- 16 ounces Hershey’s sugar free chocolate chips (you can use less to make this layer thinner).
- 20 drops red food coloring
- 10 drops green food coloring
- 8 ounces Almond Paste— cut into piece. as small as you can.
- 12.75 ounces Smucker’s sugar free preserves (raspberry / apricot)—I used apricot for this recipe.
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites—beat until foamy
- 2 sticks of Butter—softened
- 2 cups Sonia’s baking mix (see recipe below)
- 3 Aluminum baking sheets (12 1/4 inch by 8 1/4 inch)
TIP: I like to scoop the preserves into a small bowl and mix it a bit to loosen it prior to spreading onto the cake.
- In a stand mixer combine the butter and egg yolks.
- Add swerve and mix well.
- Add almond paste. Mix well.
- Add Sonia's flour and mix until combined.
- Add egg whites and mix until it form a cake batter consistency. Make sure to beat the eggs until foamy, first.
- Divide the batter into 3 bowls. Try to measure the batter evenly.
- Add food drops. Add green to one, red to the other and the final one is to remain white. (you can add as much food coloring as you would like or use my count in the recipe).
- Transfer one at a time into a greased aluminum baking sheet measuring 12 1/4 inch by 8 1/4 inch. One for the green, one for the red and one for the white.
- Bake at 375*F for 13-15 minutes. This depends on your oven. Be sure to keep an eye on it.
- Let them cool. This is important or else the cakes will crumble into pieces!
- ****Now to layer the cookies!***
- Flip the red cake onto parchment paper on a flat surface.
- Spread the apricot / raspberry preserves evenly.
- Place the white sheet of cake over the preserves and spread more preserves over the surface of the white cake.
- Flip the green cake sheet on top of the preserves.
- ***Now we are ready to pour on the chocolate!***
- Next…Melt only 1/2 of the chocolate chips and spread it over the green cake as thin as possible. Please remember to be gentle as the cake can tear. Also, when melting the chocolate, do it in 20-25 second increments at a time to avoid burning the chocolate.
- Freeze for 10-13 minutes.
- Flip onto another piece of parchment paper and pour remaining chocolate over the top of this cake.
- Let freeze for another 10-13 minutes.
- Take out to let sit for 5-10 minutes before cutting into cookies.
This goes great with a glass of Coconut or Almond milk!
***Please note: These Macros are estimates according to the ingredients I used.***