Buttermilk Fried Chicken Breasts
Click here for the FREE PDF!
- 2 pounds -- boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into cutlets) --or--
- 3 pounds -- bone-in chicken pieces
- 3 cups-- Almond flour / Coconut flour / Whey Protein
- 1/4 cup-- Spicy brown mustard
- 1 Tbsp-- dried basil
- 1 Tbsp-- dried parsley
- 2 Tbsp-- Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon-- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon-- cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp--Salt
- 1 cup-- Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tbsp-- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- In a small bowl combine the apple cider vinegar and the heavy whipping cream.
Allow them to get to know each other for approximately 10 minutes.
Stir and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the following: buttermilk, mustard, basil, parsley, maple syrup, 1 teaspoon of salt and black pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Add chicken breasts and make sure coated on all sides.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or, better yet, overnight. (Before cooking, allow chicken to come to room temperature.)
- In another bowl combine the following: almond flour, cayenne pepper and 2 tablespoons of salt. Stir until well combined and set aside.
- Dip the chicken cutlets into the dry mixture until all sides are well coated and transfer to a deep dish.
- Allow these to sit for 10 minutes and then dip into the dry mixture again.
- Now you are ready to cook!
- Transfer these to your Air Fryer. Cook for 15 minutes on 400*F.
- Turn them and cook for another 7-10 minutes on 400*F.
Tips / Suggestions:
- Flour Options: Coconut Flour but, you can also use whey protein.
- This recipe works great with bone-in chicken pieces as well.
Great for the entire family!
Family is always first.