5 Servings - 3 Tablespoons Per Serving
For a free PDF of this recipe click HERE!
2 Tablespoons -- Butter, Salted
1/2 Cup -- Sukrin Gold or Your favorite sugar substitute
1/2 Cup -- Water
1 Cup -- Walnuts / Almonds or your favorite nuts
Cayenne pepper -- if you want to add heat (optional)
Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Pumpkin or All Spice -- to get fancy (optional)
Pink Himalayan Salt -- for a sweet and salty affect (optional)
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add your favorite sugar substitute. I used Sukrin Gold in this recipe.
- Once the sugar substitute has dissolved add the water. I would add a little bit at a time until it reaches a thick consistency.
- Stir until well combined and bring to a boil. This is where you would add any of your favorite spices such as: pumpkin, all spice, nutmeg, cinnamon or cayenne pepper.
- Reduce heat and add nuts.
- Stir well to coat the nuts and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pre-heat your oven to 300*F. Move your rack to the center of the oven.
- Drain the nuts and then transfer them to a lined baking sheet.
- Spread and flatten the nuts out as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 300*F
- Stir nuts and this is where I like to add some Pink Himalayan Salt to give it a little sweet and salty affect.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until well browned.
- Allow to cool for approximately 5 minutes prior to serving.
- Keep stored in an airtight container either at room temperature or you can refrigerate.
- ENJOY and SHARE!