***Makes 48 Coconut Bites (1 Tsp Per Bite)***
- 4 Cups — Grated coconut (2 COCONUTS) or unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 Cups — Truvia brown sugar blend (you can also use Sukrin Gold or Just your favorite white sugar substitute--just remember to adjust the macros)
- 1/2 tsp — ginger powder
- 1/4 Cup — evaporated milk (see my recipe—link below)
- 1 TBSP — Vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp — Coconut Extract
- 1 CUP —COCONUT WATER / PLAIN WATER
- In a pot combine the shredded Coconut, minced ginger, coconut / plain water and Sugar Free Evaporated Milk (my recipe for this is in the link below).
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Remember to stir frequently to avoid scorching.
- Once boiling, add: brown sugar substitute, vanilla extract and coconut extract.
- Mix well and bring to a boil once again.
- Once boiling, mix again and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until all liquid is evaporated.
- Allow to cool for at least 1-2 hours. As it cools, carefully smush (cannot find another word at the moment) the individual coconut bites. This will help fuse the coconut together as it cools.
Enjoy with NO GUILT INVOLVED!
***Please note: These Macros are estimates according to the ingredients I used.***
COCONUT CANDY / DULCE DE COCO PUERTORIQUEŃO