Creamy Chicken, Bacon & Mushroom
Click HERE to download a free PDF of this recipe.
- 2 pounds —Boneless, Skinless Chicken, cut into cubes
- 6 Slices Bacon —roughly chopped into 1”-2” pieces
- 4 garlic cloves —minced
- 1 cup —heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup —chicken broth
- 1/4 cup —fresh chives, roughly chopped
- 4 Tablespoons —organic red wine vinegar
- 2 ounces —fresh baby spinach
- 1 ounce —sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp —Bacon grease to cook chicken (enough to cover the bottom of the pan)
- Pink Himalayan Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons —xanthan gum (optional—this is to thicken the sauce if you need to)
- Bake your bacon at 425*F for 24-30 minutes. Save the bacon grease!
- Allow to cool and cut into 1” -2” pieces. (this step can be done ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Season the cubed chicken pieces with salt and black pepper to taste.
- In a deep pan add rendered bacon fat from the bacon you just made. You only need about 2 tablespoons. Just enough to cover the pan.
- Allow it to warm up and then add the chicken.
- Cook the chicken until browned, NOT burnt.
- Add mushrooms, garlic and the sun-dried tomatoes. Stir to combine.
- Now add the chicken broth and heavy cream (this is where you would add the xanthan gum to help thicken the sauce—optional).
- Stir to combine and allow to cook for approximately 2 minutes or until it begins to bubble.
- Reduce heat to a simmer for 5-10 minutes or until you have reached your desired thickness. Remember to stir frequently to avoid scorching.
- Now we are ready to bring this home! Add the bacon, red wine vinegar, spinach and chives. Mix it and mix it good. Let simmer some more for 5 minutes.
Serve over ZOODLES! YUMMMMMMMM!!
***Please note: These Macros are estimates according to the ingredients I used. If you are allergic to any of these ingredients please do not use them.***
CREAMY CHICKEN MUSHROOMS & BACON