Makes 4 Empanadas
- 1/2 pound --ground turkey (this is what I used in the video)
- 10 grams --chopped manzanilla olives
- 1/8 teaspoon --dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon -- sofrito (store bought or home made)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons --sazon (store bought = 1 envelope)
- 2 slices --American cheese Cut into halves
- 10 grams --oat fiber
- Pinch of salt
- 42 grams --almond flour
- 125 grams --shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 grams --heavy cream
- 27 grams --egg scrambled (set the rest aside for the wash)
- Melt Mozzarella in Microwave until it sizzles. Try 30 second at a time. Stirring in between.
- Add all the dry and wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- ***TIP*** if the dough seems tough, return to microwave for another 15 seconds.
- Roll dough into a ball and divide as evenly as possible into quarters.
- Taking one quarter at a time-- flatten the dough out using parchment paper. Not too thin.
- Place a half slice of cheese and 1 Tablespoon and a 1/2 of meat mixture.
- Fold dough to center (as shown on video). Place seam side down onto the baking sheet.
- Once all four are on the baking sheet brush with egg wash.
- Bake at 350*F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
***Please note: These Macros are estimates according to the ingredients I used.***
Finally I can eat them and feel guilt free!