Flank Steak with Scallion Sauce
For a free PDF of this recipe click HERE!
- 1 1/2 Tbsp -- Minced Garlic
- 5 Tbsp -- Olive Oil / Coconut Oil (divided)
- 2 pounds -- Flank Steak
- 12 whole -- Scallions / Green Onions
- 10 teaspoons -- Red Wine Vinegar / Sherry Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp -- Drained Capers
- 1 Tbsp --Brown Mustard
- 3/4 tsp -- Fresh Thyme, Chopped
- Salt & Black Pepper to your taste
- In a large bowl mix together the garlic and 3 Tbsp oil.
- Cut the steak into strips. Remember to cut against the grain.
- Season the steak with salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Add the garlic and oil to the steak and stir until the steak is well covered and set aside to marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the following to your chopper or blender: Thyme, Scallions, vinegar, mustard, capers and oil. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp oil to a pan/ skillet and cook the steak over medium-high heat.
- Remember to turn occasionally until deeply browned or until it registers the temperature of your liking. (5-12 minutes, depending on your preferred temperature).
- Serve steak with Scallion Sauce on top.
- You can make the scallion sauce ahead of time and refrigerate it in a seal tight container. I like to use mason jars.