Marinated Summer Squash
For a free PDF of this recipe click HERE!
- 3 medium -- Summer squash
- 1 1/2 teaspoons -- Salt (for sweating)
- 2 Tbsp -- Olive / Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon -- minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp -- Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon -- Swerve or your favorite sugar substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon --Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon -- Black Pepper
- Cut Squash into chunks.
- Season squash with salt and set aside to sweat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix together: garlic, vinegar, sugar substitute, cayenne pepper, black pepper and 2 Tbsp oil.
- Stir until well combined.
- Remove moisture from the squash by patting it dry with a paper towel.
- Add squash to the mixture to coat.
- Cook in a pan over medium-high heat until golden brown (about 5 minutes).
- Reduce heat to medium-low heat and cover.
- Cook until very tender (about 15 minutes).
Great to eat with my Flank Steak Recipe!
Easy & Tasty Side Dish for any meal!