The Greatest Low-Carb Meat Sauce Recipe Ever!
Easy to make for weeknight dinner's! Great to make & Freeze for meal prep
Clickhere for the FREE PDF!
- 1 pound-- Ground beef / Ground turkey
- 1 pound-- Un-Cased Mild/Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 Tablespoon-- Sofrito (Click here for my sofrito recipe).
- 1 teaspoon-- Dominican Oregano (or whatever oregano you have available)
- 1 teaspoon-- black pepper
- Salt to your taste
- 1 (24 ounce) container-- Your Favorite Low-Carb Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can-- Organic Crushed Tomatoes
- Coconut, Avocado or Olive oil -- non-stick spray
- Zucchini's -- 1 per person you are feeding
- In a deep pot, over medium heat—Cook the sausage and the ground beef.
- When browned, add the Sofrito and stir until well combined. You want to use a wooden spoon to help break apart the meat. Trying to get loose pieces of meat.
- Season with salt to taste, black pepper and oregano. Stir well and allow the juices to cook off. Approximately, 7-10 minutes.
- Add spaghetti sauce and crushed tomatoes. Stir until well combined.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes and then shut the burner off.
- Now for the Zucchini Noodles: I typically use 1 zucchini per person I am feeding. They are medium size zucchini’s.
- Spiralize them and set them aside.
- Spray your pan with non-stick spray and sauté your zucchini over medium heat.
- Cook them until they are tender. Approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Now you are ready to eat!
Tips / Suggestions:
- Remember to stir your meat sauce frequently.
- Do not over-cook your zoodles or they will turn to mush.
- Freeze the un-used portion once it has cooled down. This is great to have on hand for those crazy weeknights!
- I use this sauce in my eggplant lasagna recipe and my parmesan crusted eggplant recipe!