7 Layer Cookies aka: rainbow cookies
PARMESAN CRUSTED EGGPLANT
*** 7 SERVINGS —Eggplant —(depends on how many you slices; how thick or thin you slice them)?***
Click here for PDF of this recipe.
You will need—(for parmesan crusted eggplant):
- 11 ounces —Eggplant (1/2 of a large eggplant)
- Egg wash
- Parmesan breading (see recipes below)—you might not use it all up (feel free to save it in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
- Non-Stick Coconut Spray / Olive Oil Spray
You will need—(for Meat Sauce): Servings Sizes depends on what you are adding this to
- 1 pound —Un-cased mild Italian sausage
- 1.5 pounds —ground beef
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1 Tablespoon —Oregano
- 1-2 Containers —Low carb Spaghetti sauce (depends on how saucy you like your meat sauce)
- 1 can —Organic Crushed Tomatoes
You will need—for Breading:
- 2 cups —grated parmesan
- 1 Tbsp —garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp —italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp —Parsley
- 1/2 cup —Almond flour
- 1 teaspoon —pink Himalayan salt
Instructions For Meat Sauce:
- Transfer the sausage and the ground beef into a deep pot or pan and salt to taste. Cook on medium heat.
- Once the meat is nearing completely brown — add sofrito, black pepper and oregano. Mix well until combined.
- Cook until the juices dissipate.
- Add your low carb spaghetti sauce.
- Add your organic crushed tomatoes.
- Mix well until combined and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes while you make your parmesan crusted eggplant.
Instructions For Parmesan Eggplant:
- Wash the eggplant and pat it dry.
- Cut into slices and place on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle pink Himalayan Salt onto the eggplant and place aside to sweat for 20-30 minutes.
- While the eggplant is sweating prepare your breading and your egg wash.
- Pat the sweat off with a clean paper towel.
- Dip eggplant into the egg wash then into the breading and place on the cookie sheet.
- Freeze for 10-15 minutes.
- Spray with non-stick coconut oil or olive oil spray.
- Broil these on High for 7 minutes or until browned and then turn them.
- 10. Broil for 7 more minutes or until browned.
***Please note: These Macros are estimates according to the ingredients I used. If you are allergic to any of these ingredients please do not use them.***
Parmesan Crusted Eggplant