BEFORE YOU LEAVE ME A NASTY GRAM, PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
1 cup of carrots has = 195mg potassium, 6g carbs, 2.9g sugar, 0.6g protein, and 1.7g fiber. Carrots are OK to eat on a ketogenic diet. (information from the great Dr. Eric Berg).
1 cup of tomatoes = 292mg potassium, 4.8g carbs, 3.2g sugar, 1.1g protein, and 1.5g fiber.
The amount that I used will NOT kick you out of ketosis. We did not use a full cup!
1 serving of this dish:
Fat = 16.1g, Carbs = 5.0g, Dietary Fiber = 1.4g, Protein = 66.2g, and Sugar = 2.2g Yielding 3.6g Net Carbs!
This makes 12 servings
Ingredients For Wet Rub:
- Pink Himalayan Salt -- to your taste
- Black Pepper --to your taste
- 2 Tbsp-- Olive Oil (you can also use avocado or coconut oil) This is optional as the meat itself will release natural oils
- 4 Tbsp-- Organic Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 teaspoons-- Minced Garlic
- 4 teaspoons-- Ground Cumin
- 4 teaspoons-- Dried Oregano
Ingredients For Pot Roast:
- 5.5 pounds-- Boneless Beef Chuck
- 8 ounces-- Small Red Onion, cut into chunks
- 1 cup-- Diced Tomatoes
- 13 ounces-- Sliced Mushrooms
- 6.5 ounces-- Baby Carrots, roughly chopped (optional)
- 4.5 ounces-- Celery Stalks, roughly chopped
- 32 ounces-- Beef Broth
-Instructions For Rub-
- Polk holes into the chuck with a fork and set aside. This step helps to tenderize the meat.
- In a small bowl combine the ingredients for the wet rub: garlic, vinegar, oil, cumin and oregano. Mix well and set aside.
- Season the chuck with salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Pour the wet rub over the beef and massage the seasoning into the meat. At this point, you could transfer the meat to your slow cooker or you could cover it and allow it to marinate overnight.
- Transfer your seasoned beef to your slow cooker and add the following: beef broth, mushrooms, onion, celery, carrots and tomatoes.
- Set the crock-pot to cook on high for 8-10 hours.
- Serve this over cauliflower rice or cauliflower mash.
***Please note: These Macros are estimates according to the ingredients I used.***