Makes 12 Servings
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2.5 pounds ground beef
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup ground pork rinds
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons worcestshire sauce
- 2 teaspoons pink Himalayan salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 cup red cooking wine
- 3 cups organic beef broth
- 3 Tbsp almond flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- In a bowl combine the meat, onions, salt, pepper, eggs, garlic, oil, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pork rinds. Get your hands into it and make sure it is all well combined!
- Shape into patties and put in a separate dish.
- Cook patties for 3-5 minutes on each side. Just until they are almost done.
- Remove from heat and transfer them to a baking dish.
- In the pan with the meat drippings add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add almond flour and stir.
- Whisk in the broth and wine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, frequently stirring to avoid scorching.
- Pour over the patties and back for 25 minutes at 350*F.
Great with Green beans, asparagus or smashed cauliflower!
***Please note: These Macros are estimates according to the ingredients I used.***
SALISBURY STEAK IN MUSHROOM GRAVY